Give a Shift This Christmas
CSR Team up With Oxfam Canterbury for the Give a Shift Campaign
From women’s rights to water aid, earthquakes to education, Oxfam does life-changing, groundbreaking work that is making a difference to the lives of people all over the world. In addition to responding fast in emergencies, Oxfam works on various long-term projects, while campaigning for genuine, lasting change.
Volunteering at Oxfam in Canterbury will give you many opportunities to support these causes, helping those who are in desperate need through raising money in the shop, and with a great benefit to you and your career! In addition to gaining valuable, hands-on experience in a field that interests you, volunteering also enables you to attract prospective employers with practical life skills. Volunteering also connects you to others and develops your social skills working with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
In return for your work, Oxfam will help with your travel expenses, pay for your lunch if you work over 5 hours, provide you with certificates for your voluntary work and will offer you a written reference for future employers.
Turn your motivations into learning & giving
Volunteering not only gives us the opportunity to get involved in a cause we are passionate about, but provides us with a chance to understand the issues that are affecting people around the world every day. Volunteering provides intergenerational growth, sharpens our skills & knowledge.
Give a Shift & create your own path with Oxfam Canterbury by becoming a volunteer and you’ll join a powerful, global movement united by one goal: an end to poverty for everyone. So, get out, volunteer with Oxfam & make the world a better place!
At Oxfam in Canterbury, we have a variety of positions available:
• Customer Service Sales Volunteer – You will confidently assist with sales and customer service. Engaging with customers to create an excellent retail experience, thanking donors whilst trying to sign up donors to our gift aid scheme to maximise income.
You can find out more about where to apply here
• Stock and Merchandise Flow Volunteer – You will play a major role in successfully managing the flow of merchandise from the stockroom through the store, which is a critical element in driving sales in the shop. You can find out more about where to apply here
• E-commerce Assistant – You will be photographing donated stock for sale, (DVDs, books, homeware, etc.) uploading photos to varying online channels and writing detailed and accurate product descriptions, as well as packaging and shipping orders to customers.
• Visual Merchandising Volunteer – You’ll be producing a visually appealing theatrical surprise for our window displays, aimed at promoting our products & increasing our sales together. You can find out more about where to apply here
• Volunteer Cleaner – We are looking for enthusiastic OFFICE CLEANERS to perform basic cleaning of the charity’s building. You can find out more about where to apply here